Actually, that isn’t only oreo. It layered with Ovomaltine as well. HAHA.
A few days ago, I ordered a tiramisu from a friend of my sis. It was so good, not that sweet. Because I don’t really like sweet cake.
Then I googled the recipe, actually it wasn’t hard nor expensive. So I thought, lets give a shot to make this Tiramisu.
The recipe is from Just Try and Taste. Thank you for your blog 🙂 and all the ingredients are from local supermarket.
- 1 whole Sponge cake. You either can buy from the supermarket or you can make it. But I bought from supermarket and its really cheap.
- 250ml Whipped cream. I bought the elle & vire.
- 200 gr Mascarpone. I bought the Tatua
- 100 gr sugar. You can reduce or add it. Depends on you.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 spoon of black coffee. I bought the Kapal Api
- 1 package of Oreo
- Dark choco powder
- A bowl or a box for the tiramisu
- You may slice the sponge cake. Since the one I bought its rounded, so I eleminate the top and the bottom, I used the inside part. The thickness, again it depends on you. No precise measuring.
- Make a coffee, not to much 100ml water is enough to be put on the both sides of the sliced cake
- crush the oreo, but eliminate the white cream. I only use the crackers.
- Prep a mixer and a big bowl, put the whipped cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla extract all together. Mixed in with the low speed until all blend. I think its around 5-7 minutes is enough.
- Prep a box for the tiramisu, my first layer was ovomaltine. Again, the thickness is vary. Second layer, I put the sponge cake, third layer I put the cream with sprinkles of oreo on top of the cream, then repeat the second step and so until you find the desired layer.
- the last layer is the dark choco. You may use a stringer and put the dark choco on top of the very last layer
- Put in the fridge for 3 or 4 hours for the best result
Its easy right? Also cheap! So, if any of you try this recipe, let me know! Cheers XXX